Recipe of Fotis Chryssanthidis,
a very promising young Pastry Chef
in "BHMAgourmet" magazine of "TO BHMA" newspaper
Ingredients (for 6-8 portions):
280gr. of white chocolate, cut in pieces
130ml of strong espresso coffee
2 tbsp of ground instant coffee
500ml of cream (35% fat), beaten into a thick form
5gr. of gelatin sheets, well soaked in cold water
Method:
Using the "bain-marie" method melt the chocolate in medium-low heat while stirring constantly with a rubber spatula.
Warm the espresso to about 80°C (a confectionery thermometer is needed) and dissolve in it the ground coffee and the gelatin sheet (after you have squeezed it very well with your hands).
Empty the coffee mixture into the white chocolate and stir well to blend the ingredients. When the temperature has gone down to about 35-40°C then add the cream in and gently stir.
Divide the mixture into 6-8 short glasses and leave in the fridge until the mousse is well set.
Garnish on top with a few coffee beans and serve.



Is this good and yummy? I bet it is because I just loves desserts! I should try to make this too.
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll like it if you decide to try it out:-)))
DeleteMy husband would love this mousse. He is a fan of white chocolate.
ReplyDeleteIn that case then you should try the recipe out to please him:-)
DeleteThanks for visiting
Do you think I could use this mousse as a filling for a layer cake? I'm planning on making a white chocolate based cake and I really like the combination of white chocolate and coffee.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds really interesting as an idea but I can't tell for sure if it will work or not mostly because of the consistency of the mousse. I haven't tried it as a layer in a cake so I can't really give an advice. Thanks for stopping by:-)
Delete