Thursday, 26 April 2012

Perch fillets with potatoes and herbs

Light and tasty recipe which is ideal after all this meat-feast we had at Easter. I'm not a fish lover but perch is one of those that I really like and I find it quite versatile. Feel free though to substitute with any white-flesh fish fillet like cod, haddock etc




Adapted from "Cook Book" magazine of "ETHNOS" newspaper

Ingredients (for 4 people):
1Kg of perch fillets, cut in portions
2 yellow onions, cut in thin slices
1Kg of potatoes, cut in thin rounds
½ a bunch of celery, roughly chopped
½ a bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 glass of white wine
1 bay leaf (I didn't use any)
½ a tea-cup of olive oil
1 tsp of dried oregano (optional -my addition)
1 small clove of garlic, finely minced (optional -my addition)
1 lemon, the juice
salt
pepper

Method:
In a shallow and wide pot lay the potato slices and above put in layers the onions, the celery and the parsley.

Arrange the fish fillets on top, season with salt and pepper, add the garlic (if used), sprinkle with the oregano (if used) and the bay leaf. Pour over with the olive oil and the wine. Cover the pot with the lid and cook in medium heat for about 35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.

When the food is ready and it is left with its sauce, pour over with the lemon juice and serve immediately, sprinkling on top with some more pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment