Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Greek style omelette with feta cheese and dill

A delicious, light and easy omelette with Greek flavours. A great idea for breakfast or light lunch


Recipe of Nana Dareioti,
from "BHMAgourmet" magazine of "TO BHMA" newspaper

Ingredients (for 1 person):
2-3 eggs
2-3 tbsp of milk
1 tbsp of fresh dill, finely snipped
2-3 tbsp of feta cheese, crumbled
salt
pepper
2 tbsp of olive oil

Method:
In a bowl beat the egg whites first until they start becoming lightly stiff. Add the egg yolks and continue beating until the ingredients are well blended. Add the milk and the dill, lightly season with salt and beat the ingredients a bit more.

In a non-stick frying pan of 16cm diam. add the oil and leave it heat on medium to high heat turning the pan a bit so the bottom is well covered by the oil. When the oil is well heated (but not fuming) turn the heat to medium and empty the egg mixture in.

Move the pan quickly in a circular mode so the eggs will cover the surface completely and scatter on top the crumbled cheese.

In 2 minutes carefully turn the edge of the omelette with a wooden spatula to see if the bottom is well browned.

Carefully slide the omelette onto a plate starting from the edge of the plate so to make sure that the omelette will get in place in one piece.

Cover with another plate and while it is covered turn on the other side.

Uncover and slide the omelette back into the pan. Cook for another 2 minutes until it is firm and cooked.

Serve immediately, carefully sliding the omelette onto a plate so it won't break in pieces and season on top with black pepper.

4 comments:

  1. hi...here i am again. drawn in by your delicious take on something so simple as an egg dish. i wish i was sitting at your table for breakfast this morning. i'll have to go out and get some good Feta today. have a great weekend...jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Smiley and polite people are always welcome in this blog:-) Only in the weekends we manage to sit around the table and enjoy a proper/full breakfast... The rest of the week we are in a hurry in the mornings.
      Thanks again for the support and the visits:-)

      Delete
  2. Made your recipe yesterday for dinner and again today for lunch! The first time I made it I doubled it so it was a bit difficult to do the flip but it still tasted awesome. The second time I just made one serving so it worked out better. Seriously the best omelette I've ever made and quite possibly the best I've ever had! Simple and delicious! Helped me use up my dill. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and give me this constructive comment! It's good to know when people really have cooked one of the recipes and then send me their impression about it. I really appreciate it! I think when omelettes are cooked in smaller quantity tend to turn out more successful. When it is for more than 1-2 people I find it easier to end up the cooking under hot grill. I'm really pleased you liked the recipe and I hope you'll find more recipes here to interest you and hear from you again:-)

      Delete